Last updated: April 20th, 2018.
Vendavo is committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your preferences concerning the treatment of your information. We want you to be familiar with our privacy practices in relation to use of our Sites, Solutions, and Services (defined below), how we collect, use, and share information we receive about our customers and users (collectively referred to as “you”), and the options available to you with respect to your personal information.
By using Vendavo’s websites, services, and/or products ordered, subscribed, or licensed by a customer in an applicable agreement (our “Sites, Solutions, and Services”), you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as described herein. If you do not agree with these terms set, please do not use any Vendavo Sites, Solutions, or Services. Where required by applicable law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain personal information collected on our Sites, Solutions, and Services or volunteered by you. Please note that any consent will be entirely voluntarily.
Vendavo collects various categories of information, as set forth below. Relevant definitions pertaining to data categories include:
- “Personally Identifiable Information,” which is information that identifies you as an individual, including name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
- “Personal Data,” which means data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the data controller.
- “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser and device information, app usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you, and aggregated information.
- Note: Personally Identifiable Information, Personal Data, and Other Information you submit to Vendavo to or through the Sites, Solutions, and Services are referred to collectively as “data.” We use the terms “information” or “data” in this Policy, both of which may refer to either Personally Identifiable Information or Other Information.
Vendavo may collect:
- Contact Information: Non-sensitive, Personally Identifiable Information that may include your name, email, business address, and phone number;
- Other Information.
Vendavo does not collect:
- Sensitive Data: Sensitive data is any data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, health information or a natural person’s sex life and/or sexual orientation.
- Information from Minors: Vendavo’s Sites, Solutions, and Services are not intended for nor directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you’re under eighteen, you may only use the Sites, Solutions, and Services with the involvement of your parent or guardian. Even in such circumstances, we request that minors do not provide any personal data to Vendavo.
Vendavo and our third-party service providers may collect information from a variety of sources, including:
- Direct Interactions: We may collect information from your use of Vendavo Channels, including account creation, submission of registrations and forms, sales inquiries and other transactions with Vendavo (e.g., when you register for events or other online and offline offerings of Vendavo, subscribe to newsletters, participate in online surveys, discussion groups, forums or Vendavo’s chat service, or when you make purchases or otherwise submit your contact details to Vendavo).
- Publicly Available Data / Data from Third Parties: We may collect data from automated interactions on non-Vendavo websites, or other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or data provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists, event registration lists, or data aggregators.
- Indirect Channels: Vendavo may also collect information that pertains to you through indirect channels from other sources such as marketing list vendors and partners. We may also partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze data, auditing, research, and reporting, subject to written agreements with such partners for the protection of your information.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, profile information, membership information, and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be used to collect individualized website use data, provide electronic Channel personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Policy. Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with website features and customizations. Vendavo has engaged one or more third party service providers to track and analyze both individualized usage and volume statistical information from interactions with electronic Channels. The service provider(s) may set cookies on behalf of Vendavo. Vendavo also uses other third-party cookies to provide advertising and personalization services in accordance with this Policy, and to track the performance of Vendavo advertisements on our Channels and Vendavo e-mails.
- Flash Cookies: Vendavo may use “Local Shared Objects,” such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display Vendavo advertising on others’ websites based upon your web browsing activity may also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Embedded URLs:Vendavo may use embedded URLs to allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the electronic Channels, but are not associated with Personal Information and are not used beyond the session.
- Embedded Pixels and Similar Technologies:On the electronic Channels, Vendavo and its service providers may use embedded pixel technologies for the purposes of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits) and for advertising purposes. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in e-mails and our online display advertising to provide information on when the e-mail or ad was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s e-mail address. The pixel technology used on our Channels enable the synchronization of internal unique identifiers between Vendavo and our third-party partners to facilitate interest-based advertising.
- Physical Location:Except where prohibited by law, we may collect and share the physical location of your device for purposes consistent with this Policy, such as to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content.
- Third-Party Sites:
- This Policy does not address, and except as expressly mandated by applicable law, we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including our vendors or any other third party operating any site or service to which the Sites, Solutions, and Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Vendavo Sites, Solutions, and Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
- To allow you to interact with other websites on which you may have accounts, such as social media sites, or join communities on such sites, we may provide links or embed third-party applications that allow you to login, post content, or join communities from our websites. We may also provide you with general links to non-Vendavo websites. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the third parties’ privacy policies, and you should become familiar with the third-party sites’ privacy policies before using the links or applications. Vendavo is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
- Online Advertising:
- Vendavo does not deliver third party online advertisements on our websites, but we do advertise our products and services on others’ websites. Please familiarize yourself with those website operators’ or network advertisers’ privacy policies to understand their practices relating to advertising, including what type of information they may collect about your Internet usage. Some advertising networks we may use may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA). Individuals may opt-out of targeted advertising delivered by NAI or EDAA member ad networks by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Vendavo may use your information in the following limited ways.
- To Personalize Your Website Experience: We may use information we collect about you to provide you with a more personalized experience on our websites, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested and making navigation on our sites easier.
- To Fulfill Your Transaction or Request: If you request something from Vendavo, such as a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials, we will use the information you provide us to fulfill your request. To help us do this, we may share your information with others, such as our fulfillment partners, shipping companies, or postal or government authorities, such as customs authorities, involved in the required fulfillment of the request. In connection with any transaction, we may also contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- To Share Marketing Materials: Vendavo and our third-party service partners may use your information for marketing purposes.
- To Provide Mobile and Software Applications: Vendavo may use the information you provide to enable you to utilize Vendavo’s software applications for download, as well as social computing tools designed for online collaboration among registered members.
- To Improve User Experiences: Vendavo uses Other Information to derive statistical data about the usage and preferences of our website visitors, communication channel effectiveness, and to improve the user experiences across our Sites, Solutions, and Services.
- To Develop Partner Relationships: For Vendavo business partners, we may use information provided on the Channels to administer and develop our business relationship with you, the business partner you represent, and Vendavo business partners generally.
- To Develop Supplier Relationships: For Vendavo suppliers, we may use the information provided across our Sites, Solutions, and Services to connect with you or to enter into or perform a transaction with you.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under data protection laws on the basis of these primary legal grounds:
- Consent: Where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time through a privacy inquiry form submission;
- Contract: Where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you;
- Legal Basis: Where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations;
- Legitimate Interest: Where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting Vendavo’s business and tailoring offers to your profile, research and development of related products and services);
- Claims: Where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party;
- Other Possible Grounds: There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable efforts to identify the ground and communicate it you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
The security of personal information is a high priority at Vendavo. We maintain our Sites, Solutions, and Services, and all associated data, with organizational, technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal data and Other Information within our organization from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. Although no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure, we and our business partners work hard to maintain safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements.
Where required by applicable law, we enter into written agreements with those third-party agents and service providers requiring them to adhere to all relevant data protection regulations and limiting their use of the data to the specified services provided on our behalf. We take reasonable and appropriate steps (i) to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process Personal Data in accordance with our legal obligations and (ii) to stop and remediate any unauthorized processing.
If you have questions about your information security at Vendavo, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendavo is a global company. The personal information we collect or generate in the context of our Sites, Solutions, and Services is stored in the United States, but may also be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities and/or employees, or in which we engage with service providers.
By using the Sites, Solutions, and Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country of residence. When we transfer your personal information to recipients in other countries, including the United States, we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law. This Policy shall apply even if Vendavo transfers Data to other countries.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements and ensure adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland. Within the context of relevant EEA regulations, “Personal Data” means data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the data controller.
Vendavo will only share your information in certain limited circumstances, including:
- Among our Affiliates: We may share your information among our affiliates (identified above) for the purposes described in this Policy.
- To Protect the Rights and Property of Vendavo and Others: We may use or share your information to protect the rights or property of Vendavo, our business partners, suppliers, clients, or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected.
- When Required by Law: We may be required to disclose your personal information in certain limited circumstances as mandated by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or the rights of others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our websites.
- As Necessary to Provide Services: We may need to share information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, packaging, public relations, event registration, mailing, answering customer questions about the Sites, Solutions, and Services, and sending information about our Sites, Solutions, and Services, special offers and other new services.
- In the Event of a Restructuring: We may share information with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We retain your information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes.
- Use for marketing: We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, but only for the relevant purpose that we collected it for. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point.
- Use to provide services: We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the services you have requested. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point.
- Use to perform a contract: For information used to perform any contractual obligation with you, we may retain that data while the contract remains in force, plus up to two years to deal with any queries or claims thereafter.
- Where legal considerations exist:For information where we reasonably believe it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us, or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued. Where other legal obligations or considerations exist with respect to certain information, we will keep such information as necessary to comply with our applicable legal obligations.
- For recruiting: For information used in recruiting situations, we may retain that data for as long as relevant for the applicable position. You may revoke consent to use or retain your recruiting data at any point.
If you wish to request that we no longer retain your information to provide you marketing or services, you can request this by completing a Privacy Inquiry form .
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right, at any time, to request to “opt-out” of all Vendavo marketing communications by submitting a opt out request form. You have the right to request removal of your personal information from all our data bases by submitting a privacy inquiry form. Please note that in the event you opt out or request removal of your personal information that certain offerings or services of Vendavo Sites, Solutions, and Services may either not be possible or limited in scope.
- Other Privacy Rights: If you are an individual for whom Vendavo holds Personally Identifiable Information, you have important rights. Subject to applicable legal restrictions, these rights may include:
- The right to view and access the Personal Data Vendavo has and is storing on you;
- The right to have incorrect Personal Data corrected and/or rectified, as applicable
- The right to have Personal Data restricted to further processing by Vendavo
- The right to object to processing of your Personal Data by Vendavo
- The right to request erasure of the personal information held by Vendavo.
- Contact Us: To exercise any of these rights or inquire generally about your privacy at Vendavo, please submit a privacy inquiry form. You may also contact us at:
c/o Privacy/Data Protection Officer
1401 17th Street, Suite 800
Denver, CO 80202
We may update this Policy from time to time; please take a look at the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Policy, except to the extent limited by applicable law.